To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Nursing Department Secretary
To provide clerical support for Director of Nursing, faculty and staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides secretarial services, office management, and technical assistance to staff in the Penka Building.
- Answers the telephone and transfers calls or relays messages to the appropriate person; receives visitors and may channel them to the proper party.
- Nursing and Allied Health program maintenance.
- Maintains supplies and office equipment. Maintains room schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- To insure that all correspondence is free of spelling, typographic and grammatical errors.
- To keep all assigned files and records current and well organized.
- To maintain a friendly, professional work environment and attitude when working with others.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (students, visitors or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: Good oral and written communication skills; word processing and automated spreadsheet skills required; must be able to operate general office equipment including calculator, copy machine, telephone; may be required to do lifting.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Personal resume
- Complete an online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Human Resources Office by the individual providing the reference
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
11/1/2019 12:00:00 AM