To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Nursing Instructor
This is a full-time contract position under the direction of the appropriate Division Director and the Dean of Technical Education. The primary assignment is to provide instructional services and learning facilitation for students in the Nursing Division by offering a variety of nursing-related courses.
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Professional Responsibilities: participating in local, state and national professional organizations; staying informed of current trends in nursing education and practice; serving as a role model for students, graduates and Registered Nurses; and maintaining Kansas RN licensure
- Institution Responsibilities: participating in college activities (general faculty meetings, in-service, committees); responding to assignments, schedule, budgets and carrying out any additional responsibilities or duties the administration deems necessary within the guidelines and policies established by the President and the Board of Trustees.
- Curricular/Program Responsibilities: cooperatively developing, implementing, evaluating and revising (as needed) curriculum in both didactic and clinical areas; interpreting the programs philosophy, policies, objectives and student role to clinical learning sites and follows the established policies/protocols of the clinical learning sites whether observational or hands on; planning, providing, supervising and evaluating learning experiences for students in class, campus lab and clinical learning sites; counseling, advising, and referring students as necessary for recruiting.
- Performing other relevant tasks as assigned.
Faculty Profile Personal and Professional Qualities:
- Strong commitment to quality teaching, student learning, and academic excellence.
- Learner-centered, able to facilitate the learning process, to inspire, motivate, and help students to succeed.
- Appreciation and respect for student role, contribution, and responsibility in the learning process.
- Commitment to develop learning outcomes and design alternative approaches to learning.
- Ability and willingness to apply knowledge of academic or occupational areas in designing strategies related to learning outcomes.
- Commitment to integrate new technologies and strategies into the learning process.
- Commitment to using technologies and instructional support resources to address learners' unique needs.
- Intellectual and ethical qualities that evoke confidence and respect.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, openness to change, willingness to experiment and innovate.
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Minimum: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and current license to practice in the State of Kansas.
Preferred: Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) and current license to practice nursing in the State of Kansas.
Required: One year of demonstrated nursing ability in a hospital setting.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by:
- Community college teaching experience at multiple skill levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted learning strategies.
- Ability to motivate and teach students of diverse learning styles and backgrounds.
- Commitment to the discipline through involvement in professional organizations and activities.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Ability to stand and sit for extended periods; speak and hear clearly in group settings and at distances of 30 feet; maintain physical mobility, alertness, and composure; utilize appropriate presentation materials and equipment; and transport self and equipment to various campus/community/area sites as needed.
Salary: Based on the minimum and/or desirable qualifications. Placement on the salary schedule is based on verification of experience, relevant degrees and upper division/graduate course work. Position is a 172-day base contract.
Term of Employment: This is a full-time bargaining unit position, 172-day faculty beginning January 2020.
Each applicant must submit an application package, which includes the following:
- Letter of application, not to exceed five pages, which briefly states how applicant specifically fits the Faculty Profile of Personal and Professional Qualities and demonstrates past use of these qualities.
- Completed college application
- Detailed resume summarizing educational preparation and experience.
- Copies of all collegiate transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable for selection process).
- Up to three current professional reference letters or a placement file containing up to three letters of recommendation. Letters must be no more than two years old, signed and dated, and from persons having first-hand knowledge of applicant's professional qualities. Letters should address how the applicant's qualifications and experience relate to the position.
For more information please contact:
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638
11/1/2019 12:00:00 AM