To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics/Gen Ed & Health Sciences
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Applied Science (Phlebotomy)
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties will be modified as needed; work assignments and schedule are based on the needs of the college.
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or laboratory instruction at various College and High School locations. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
- Concepts in Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Lab
- Phlebotomy Clinical Internship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class to the Academic Success office
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with Director of Academic Success and/or the V.P. of Academic Affairs if and as requested; and, maintains close communication with the Director of Academic Success regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies.
- Must hold current certification in phlebotomy or clinical laboratory science (MT or MLT),
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Current American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Provider, preferred. Will be required to obtain to retain position.
- Experience in adult education preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the industry, required.
- Previous teaching experience at the post-secondary, college, or university level, preferred.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
11/4/2019 12:00:00 AM