To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Salary: $55000.00 Annually
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The IT Systems Administrator role is to support and maintain information networks, servers, and software. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading servers, routers, switches, software and VOIP equipment ensuring optimal system performance. The IT Systems Administrator will also be required to supervise Tier I-II-III Technicians and Student IT Helpdesk temporary technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service to WSU Tech Faculty, Students and Staff.
- Troubleshoots server, network and software problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively participates in the IT Services team meetings, takes the lead on new projects, informing the team of critical issues and providing status reports on existing projects.
- Participates in planning and execution necessary for the maintenance and/or upgrading of college information technology systems.
- Helps drive future technology solutions based on the needs & mission of the College.
- Builds and deploys workstation images using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Supervises assigned Tech Support Specialists and Student IT Helpdesk Technicians.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field.
- Current or past CompTIA A+, N+, S+, Server+ or Cisco CCNA preferred.
- Experience with enterprise servers, network hardware and software is required.’
- Minimum of three years’ experience supporting IT Systems in a Domain environment, 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of IT networks, servers and software.
- Ability to identify user needs and provide technical solutions.
- Ability to instruct others, both individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center and/or Enterprise Server Backup is a plus.
- Ability to travel between campuses and within region as job requires.
- Previous experience in employee supervision preferred.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
11/6/2019 12:00:00 AM