To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: El Dorado Correctional Facility
Job Title: Chaplain Clinical
Salary: $17.39 Hourly
Important Recruitment Information for this vacancy:
- This position will remain open until filled
- Applications will be screened as they are recieved
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE US Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
El Dorado, KS 67042
About the Position:
- Who can apply: External
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full/Part-time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
Note: Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
This position is located at the El Dorado Correctional Facility and the incumbent in this position is responsible for providing religious support and activities to the adult male offender population.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and supervises religious and volunteer activities.
- Chaplaincy and volunteers work together as a Support Service Division.
- The incumbent meets on a regular basis with representatives from each of the officially recognized religious groups.
- Schedules and provides worship services, visits offenders and staff in hospital.
- Conducts necessary inspections and must learn and follow all security measures for working with offenders.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Licensing & Certification
- Valid Kansas Drivers License
- Education, training, and/or experience that is recognized by a particular religion, faith, or belief system as qualifying a person to provide religious or spiritual guidance and to conduct services or rituals in that religion, faith, or belief system. Some positions may require additional minimum requirements that will be specified on the position description.
- Graduation from theological school which has a three year or longer course of study and which requires admission graduation from an accredited four year college or university. Has completion of at least one year training in a clinical or pastoral education center accredited by Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
Necessary Special Requirements
- Some positions require an approved drug test unless the incumbent is moving from one safety-sensitive position to another safety-sensitive position with the same agency performing substantially similar duties.
- Applicants will be able to interact with co-workers, inmates and outside personnel to establish and maintain effective working relationships. The incumbent of this position will demonstrate proficiency in customer service, basic math, knowledge of the operation of office equipment, personal computers and communications systems. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements
- Pass a criminal background check
Recruiter Contact Information:
- Name: Tina Jehner
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (316) 322-2056
Required documents for this application to be complete:
- Tax Clearance, valid
- DD214 (if claiming Veteran’s Preference)
- Other documents
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents” and “Save Tax Clearance Certificate as a PDF”
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate Required: Each applicant (even non-residents) applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Visit the Kansas Department of Revenue - Tax Clearance website to obtain this Kansas Department of Revenue document.
Job Application Process
- Sign in to or Register for an account.
- Complete or update your contact information on the Careers> My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload documents listed below in Required Documents section.
- Start your draft job application and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
How to Claim Veterans Preference
Veterans’ Preference Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran"; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
Learn more about claiming Veteran’s Preference
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the recruiter.
11/6/2019 12:00:00 AM