To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: El Dorado Correctional Facility
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary: $12.35 Hourly
Important Recruitment Information for this vacancy:
- This position will be open until filled
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE US Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
El Dorado, KS 67042
About the Position:
- Who can apply: External
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full/Part-time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
- Annual Salary Range: $25,688.00
- Hourly Pay Range: $12.35/hour
Note: Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information…
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
Performs office support duties of a clerical nature usually involving several steps and analysis of the data to identify the procedures to be completed. Decisions are made based on well-defined rules, regulations, methods and procedures with little deviation although they may have limited interpretation when applying procedural guidelines. Some of the duties may include but are not limited to: provide basic, factual information; scan, image, proof and finalize correspondence and reports; compile and enter data; retrieve data from records or from an informational database; answer, screen and route telephone calls; sort and purge office records; basic typing and keyboarding; process offender visiting applications; open and inspect incoming non-legal offender mail; process outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming staff mail.
Licensing & Certification
- Six months of documented full-time experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
- One year of full-time, paid work experience in administrative support work as defined/referenced above.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; read and comprehend written materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of correct formatting of letters, memos, etc.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation and composition rules.
- Experience which reflects the ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in the performance of duties.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements
- Pass criminal history background check
Recruiter Contact Information:
- Name: Tina Jehner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (316) 322-2056
Required documents for this application to be complete:
- On the My Job Applications page, verify these documents are present and valid. Upload or delete and upload new if needed.
- Tax Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
- Inside your Job Application upload these documents:
- Resume (or choose existing if you have one)
- Cover Letter
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate Required: Each applicant (even non-residents) applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Visit the Tax Clearance site for more information and where to obtain this Kansas Department of Revenue document.
Job Application Process
- Sign in to your existing account or Register for a new one to apply.
- Complete or review your contact information on the My Contact Information page.
- Upload documents listed in the Required Documents section of the job posting to the appropriate location.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the preferred email listed on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers - My Job Notifications page
To assist in completing your application, please see helpful links below:
How to Claim Veterans Preference
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran"; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
Learn more about claiming Veteran’s Preference
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the recruiter.
11/6/2019 12:00:00 AM