To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics/Instructional Technologies & Academic Su
Job Title: Director, Assessment and Accreditation
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and co-workers who deserve your best.
The Director of Assessment and Accreditation is responsible for successfully leading the college in all aspects of departmental and organizational assessment and evaluation, coordination of institutional regional accreditation activities, and supporting programmatic accreditation. Reports on the organizational and departmental progress toward the achievement of institutional mission, strategic initiatives, and intended outcomes using the most current and effective evaluation and assessment methodologies and techniques. Communicates findings and recommendations for action in a clear and timely manner so as to facilitate continuous, informed decision-making throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership on college-level assessment and accreditation efforts, and monitors compliance with local, state, and federal standards in conjunction with Higher Learning Commission (HLC)-Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO).
- Develops, coordinates, leads, and executes a comprehensive assessment system.
- Provides support for program-level certifications or accreditation efforts through training, in-person reviews, or other activities.
- Provides expertise on program assessment, outcomes evaluation, and research efforts.
- Collaborates with college constituents to integrate assessment activities and results into the strategic planning of the college.
- Promotes an overall assessment culture which effectivity supports student learning.
- Supports faculty to integrate effective assessment strategies in programs and courses.
- Provides effective professional development for faculty in assessment topics
- Effectively communicates the purpose of student outcomes assessment and assessment results to the college community.
- Assists faculty in the development of assessment plans/documentation, analysis and the creation of effective interventions.
- Facilitates the collection and analysis of data to support the assessment strategy.
- Interprets institutional level assessment findings and prepares annual assessment reporting
- Coordinates the work of the WSU Tech Assessment Committee
- Co-Coordinates all assessment and accreditation activities needed for HLC Accreditation with the HLC-ALO.
- Supports the college program review process by providing training and review services with deans, faculty, and Institutional Research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, education or related field required.
- Expertise in assessment, data analysis and educational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability for effective organizational skills.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data and prepare and present reports.
- Knowledge of student outcomes assessment principles, methods and technique.s
- Must be able to work autonomously, exercising good judgement & discretion, and provide own time management.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Must be able to work a varied work schedule as needed.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- Focus on Student Centered Success model, putting their experience first.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
11/13/2019 12:00:00 AM