To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics/General Education/Academic Success
Job Title: Part Time Test Proctor
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The primary responsibilities are to provide administrative support in student services and test current students and other customers for all campuses of WATC. These responsibilities include ensuring highly student-focused student testing processes that comply with applicable laws, regulations, accreditation standards, Board policies, and WATC objectives and operating procedures. Coordinates logistics for testing; ensures that facility area is scheduled and all equipment is prepared as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administering educational assessments for college placement, certification, and business and industry in accordance with pre-set standards.
- Provides direction to students and other customers about different aspects of testing in order to educate them about the importance of testing in the academic environment.
- Coordinates logistics for the testing center including proctor scheduling.
- Responsible for data entry of student placement scores into Banner. Maintains daily lab usage data. Compiles and prepares data for reporting requirements and special reports as needed.
- Maintains and inventories supplies and recommend replacement of supplies and /or equipment as necessary for all student services and marketing.
- Processes WATC financial documents as well as travel documents for student services and submit to accounting.
- At all times, engages in legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WATC workplace.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. User-level knowledge of SharePoint preferred and must be acquired within the first 3 months of employment in the position.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize Student Services software, such as Banner, is required. Banner skills and knowledge must be acquired within one month of entering the position.
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and/or issues and to communicate issues to appropriate WATC personnel.
- Ability to exactly follow written directions and the ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college is preferred.
- Minimum of three years work experience is required. Experience within a higher education setting and/or test proctoring is preferred.
- Experience working with under-prepared and diverse populations preferred.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- Perform duties and provide coverage at any of WATC’s three campuses or other satellite locations, as assigned
Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties
11/19/2019 12:00:00 AM