To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Sedgwick
Job Title: Chief of Police
Chief of Police, Sedgwick Police Department
The City of Sedgwick (pop. 1,700) is accepting applications for Chief of Police. Sedgwick is located approximately 20 miles north of downtown Wichita with city boundaries split into both Harvey and Sedgwick counties. The police department as currently constituted consists of a working police chief who reports to the city administrator, one additional full-time officer, and up to eight part-time officers.
The next Chief of Police must understand the unique challenges and dynamics of policing a small, rural community that borders a large metropolitan area. This individual will need to be flexible, adaptable, and creative in their efforts to provide efficient and effective policing in a cost-effective manner.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity to build a professional police department, transform departmental culture, and burnish its public image. The next police chief will exhibit integrity, competency, and passion for serving the community.
Our new city administrator is building a results-oriented organization that values accountability, efficiency, transparency, and encourages the professional development and advancement of all employees. Individuals looking to make a big impact in this organization and ultimately leverage their success to pursue future opportunities with larger agencies should not be discouraged from applying.
SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Excellent reputation with a high level of honesty and integrity
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Solid writing and communication skill sets
- Outgoing, positive, and approachable personality
- KLETC Certification to serve as a full-time officer within the state of Kansas
- High school diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of six-years of law enforcement experience
- Progressively responsible experience in supervision and management is desired
- Student resource officer training and experience desirable
- A United States citizen
- A valid Kansas driver’s license
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history
- Must live within 20 minutes of city limits
- Background check, physical, drug testing, and psychological evaluation
- No Brady/Giglio issues
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $20-23 per hour (43-hour work week), plus on-call compensation
- KPERS, health insurance, vision, dental, vacation, sick and holidays
All applicants are required to apply at: https://www.hrepartners.com/allopenjobs.aspx and upload a cover letter and resume. Please note that the application contains supplemental questions that may take some time to complete. Do not email unsolicited resumes and cover letters.
First review of applications will begin January 2, 2020. Please direct any questions about this recruitment to City Clerk Janise Enterkin at (316) 772-5151 or email@example.com. The City of Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
12/10/2019 12:00:00 AM
1/1/2020 11:59:59 PM