To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Halstead
Job Title: AEMT
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician- Part-time
Reports to: EMS Director
Employees Supervised/Directed: None
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
Under the Supervisor, the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) will perform duties associated with providing emergency medical care to the sick and injured in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and Halstead Fire/EMS protocols.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES RELATED TO PATIENT PRIVACY:
The AEMT must perform all job responsibilities in a manner that protects patient privacy:
- The AEMT is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with Halstead Fire/EMS’s Privacy Policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal (and state) law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.
- The AEMT may access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The AEMT may only share such information with those you have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other company operations.
- The AEMT is encouraged and expected to report, without the threat of retaliation, any concerns regarding Halstead Fire/EMS’s policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of that policy to the designated Privacy Officer.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROUTINE TASKS:
The AEMT must perform routine tasks in and around the ambulance, building, including but not limited to:
- Checking, restocking, inventorying and cleaning any apparatus operated by Halstead Fire/EMS
- Cleaning, doing dishes, emptying trash and other related duties in the station
- Washing and drying personal protective equipment, towels, coveralls, and other laundry in the provided heavy duty washer and dryer
The AEMT must have a minimum of either a high school diploma or a GED as evidence of completion of a high school education, and must have and maintain current Kansas AEMT certification and the AEMT must also maintain the required annual continuing medical education credits as set forth by the Kansas Board of EMS office.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
The A-EMT must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, current Kansas AEMT certification, ACLS Recommended, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, EVOC/EVDT certification, Hazardous Materials awareness, and other certifications as required.
80% of the time physical requirements in moving patients in excess of 200 pounds from the floor to a cot and then loading a cot into the back of the ambulance. When working with patients, the ability to bend, stoop, and reach is required. However, there may be some walking, standing, lifting and carrying of moderate to heavy items. The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of written or verbal communications is a must. The ability to operate a motor vehicle is required.
Appropriately deal with stress and maintain composure when encountering serious injuries or illnesses.
And other duties as assigned by supervisors.
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by AEMT within this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and working conditions require of employees assigned to this position. Management has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.
I__________________________________, understand that it is my responsibility to read this job description in its entirety and fully understand and understand the expectation, requirements and hazards associated with this position, and that the job description and duties are subject to change at the discretion of Halstead Fire/EMS. I also understand that is employed by Halstead Fire/EMS, I am employed as an at-will employee and that Halstead Fire/EMS or I may terminate the employment relationship at any time, without notice, and for any lawful reasons.
____________________________________ ____________________ Signature of AEMT Date
11/26/2019 12:00:00 AM