To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Memorial Union
Job Title: Maintenance and Repair Worker
Salary: $14.14 Hourly
Emporia State University currently has a Maintenance and Repair Worker vacancy with our Memorial Union team located in Emporia, KS.
If you . . .
- Have experience maintaining and repairing equipment
- Easily develop positive working relationships
- Are comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces, and near machinery
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As a Maintenance and Repair Worker, you will:
- Maintain building including patching, painting, changing lamps, repairing electrical, plumbing, and HVAC issues, tile repair, kitchen equipment, repair doors and electric operators.
- Remove snow removal and treat sidewalks. Maintain snowblowers, and obtain ice melt and haidite.
- Perform weekly duty cleaning floor sinks. Perform monthly inspections of battery equipment, sump pumps, elevator pits, rest rooms and fixtures. Perform biannual inspections of roof fans and changing belts as needed, inspect other HVAC and mechanical equipment.
- Work on projects including remodeling, furniture, and fixture construction, installing electrical circuits, and add or move plumbing. Plan projects, obtain material, and work with suppliers on special order items.
- Hang pictures, rework furniture, move and hook items such as kitchen equipment.
The Maintenance and Repair Worker position:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $14.14 per hour, or more depending on skills and qualifications
- May be eligible for a competitive benefits package
- Has opportunities for full-time or part-time employment
- At least three (3) years of experience in general repair and maintenance; and
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Six (6) months of related experience
- Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by ESU
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as a Maintenance Repair Worker:
Background check required. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu
11/27/2019 12:00:00 AM
12/11/2019 11:59:59 PM