To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Abilene
Job Title: Water Distribution Sewer Collection Supervisor
Salary: $20.89 Hourly
Position Title: Water Distribution Sewer Collection Supervisor
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Public Works Director, the Water Distribution/Sewer Collection Supervisor is a non-exempt position under FLSA. This position is responsible for scheduling daily work assignments for the maintenance and construction of water and sewer lines in the City of Abilene. Supervising subordinate personnel and performing manual labor is required. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude, communication and supervisory skills.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Starting Range: $20.89 - $28.21
Date Opened: January 10, 2020
Date Closed: open until filled
Hours: M-F 7:30 am – 4 pm
The City of Abilene conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
The City of Abilene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Department Public Works
Reports To Public Works Director
FLSA Status Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs daily supervision, plans and schedules assignments for water distribution and sewer collection personnel;
- Makes recommendations on evaluations, hiring and terminating employees;
- Operates all departmental equipment in the construction and maintenance of all city owned water lines, sewer mains and storm drain structures;
- Makes recommendations for materials and equipment needs for maintenance and operations and submits for acquisition approval;
- Maintains daily records of division’s operations and provides reports as needed;
- Directs/trains subordinate personnel in use of all safety related equipment;
- Responds to emergencies and mobilizes personnel and equipment as needed.
Ancillary Job Functions:
- Assists other divisions of Public Works and other departments as the need arises;
- Participates in equipment maintenance and repairs;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned:
- Attend continuing education and training to maintain operator certifications.
A high school diploma or GED is required, along with a Kansas Driver's License. A Kansas Commercial Class A Driver’s License is required within 6 months of hire. A Class II Water Treatment Certification is required within 12 months of employment, and a Class III Water Treatment certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Not all inclusive)
A thorough knowledge of water distribution materials and electronic meter reading equipment and sewer collection systems is required. This employee must be able to operate backhoes, loaders, sewer rodders, trucks and other related equipment. This employee should possess strong communication, supervisory and public relations skills. A working knowledge of general plumbing, concrete construction, and a basic knowledge of KDHE water regulations is preferred. Subject to frequent call outs.
Work Environment: Adverse working conditions exist within this position. Exposure to hazardous chemicals while treating water, human blood and body fluids, and all types of weather conditions are possible. Will occasionally have to perform work in confined spaces.
Physical Abilities: Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy equipment and the ability to operate departmental equipment is required to perform the daily duties of this position.
1/10/2020 12:00:00 AM