To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights Foundation
Division: El Dorado
Job Title: Therapist
Sunlight Child Advocacy Center is seeking a Therapist to provide therapy services to child abuse victims served by our center. This position will be responsible for assisting the child and family in gaining safety, decreasing symptoms associated with the current abuse or traumatic event, assist in developing and utilizing coping skills, and assist in developing a support system to foster support and healing. These goals may also be achieved through application of a variety of sound clinical modalities: cognitive, behavioral, trauma-focused CBT, system’s theory, psycho-educational, play therapy or some combination of the above. All theoretical approaches should operate from a strengths-based perspective.
- Contacting child/family member following referral and schedule intake session.
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team and following guidelines set forth regarding service delivery.
- Provide assessment and therapeutic services to child victims of abuse and their non-offending family members.
- Develop individualized treatment plans indicating goals, method, and length of treatment.
- Utilize sound treatment modalities that are based in trauma focused interventions.
- Provide psychoeducation to non-offending caregivers/family members to clarify their roles in the treatment process and increase their ability to be supportive and protective of their child.
- Maintain records, respect confidentiality and provide demographic information as needed.
BSRB Licensed, Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychology, or other closely related human services area. Must maintain appropriate licensure, credentials, and continuing education for performing therapy with children and families. Completion of a Trauma-Informed or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy education is required (can be completed following hire). Certification is encouraged.
2/3/2020 12:00:00 AM
2/21/2020 11:59:59 PM