To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Cowley County
Job Title: Custodial Technician
The Custodial Technician is responsible for the cleanliness of everything within the Courthouse, North and South Annex. This position involves dealing with the public and exercising considerable independent judgment.
- Maintains and unlocks entrances to buildings in the morning and secures buildings in the evenings
- Set up for special events and meetings and clean up afterwards
- Keep floors in a clean and attractive condition, and in a good state of preservation; clean carpets; sweep, strip, wax, and buff tile floors.
- Will be responsible for the custodial care in rest rooms. Scrub and disinfect toilets, floors, all fixtures and drinking fountains daily. Washes walls, toilet partitions and cleans mirrors.
- Responsible for dusting of desks, shelves, file cabinets, counter tops, ceiling fans, chairs and furniture as needed. Regularly cleans door knobs, handles, countertops, doors and window ledges, blinds, glass and drinking fountains.
- Sweep all rooms and halls daily. Vacuum floor in high traffic areas daily and those in low traffic areas every other day.
- Gather and empty trash; collect and shred papers at County Offices; comply with regulations, and procedures for the storage, and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
Marginal duties and responsibilities
- Removes stains from surfaces, such as rugs, walls and floors using chemicals and other cleaning solutions
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by County Administrator.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner; operate equipment in a safe manner especially working in close proximity with public and coworkers.
- Establish, and maintain a positive relationship, and interact professionally with, fellow employees, officials, and the public.
- Pick up litter from around buildings, and grounds.
- Washes all windows on both inside, and outside at least twice a year, and more frequently if necessary.
- Identify cleaning problems, and determine appropriate remedies; determine type of chemicals and equipment necessary for specific cleaning tasks; plan, and estimate supplies needed for budgeting purposes.
- Maintain an inventory of janitorial supplies and equipment on hand, and requisitions needed replacements far enough in advance, so that custodial duties are not hindered by a lack of supplies.
Must be at least 18 years of age, and possess a High School diploma or acceptable equivalent. Also must pass pre-employment physical exam, background check and drug screening test. The starting salary is $12.97 – 21.78 per hour, plus benefits.
Applications may be picked up in the County Administrator’s Office or to download a County application please visit our website at www.cowleycounty.org. Please e-mail to email@example.com or mail all applications to: Human Resources, Attn: Kristi Imel, 311 E. 9th Winfield, Kansas 67156. Position is open until filled. Cowley County is an Equal opportunity Employer.
2/11/2020 12:00:00 AM