Thank you for your interest in employment with Barton County.
By submitting your application for any position with Barton County, you understand and agree to the following statements.
- You are certifying that the facts contained in this application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and you understand that, if employed, falsified statements on this application will be grounds for dismissal.
- You authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. You additionally acknowledge that this may include an investigation of your driving record and/or criminal background.
- You understand, that as a condition of employment, you will be subject to a physical examination to determine if you would be capable of performing the duties to which you would be assigned and to a pre-employment drug test. You further understand that the results of such a test would remain confidential and would be paid by Barton County.
- You hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law any employment relationship with Barton County is of an "at will" nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understand that this "at will" employment relationship may not be changed by any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized Barton County official.
- You understand that Barton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and that no individual will be rejected because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, handicap or marital status.
In addition to a competitive wage, the following benefits are offered to full-time employees:
- Paid Vacation & Paid Sick Leave Time
- Accrue from the first month of employment and increase with longevity.
- Paid Holidays
- Employees are usually granted 10.5 paid holidays.
- Paid Discretionary Time
- Regular employees will receive 8 hours per year if employed on January 1st of the calendar year.
- Medical Insurance (including health, dental, and vision)
- Regular employees are eligible for insurance at the first of the month following 30 days of employment. The county's insurance coverage is through the State Employee Health Plan and rates are governed by the Kansas Health Policy Authority.
- Mandatory participation in KPERS (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System) - 6% Employee Contribution
- Optional Deferred Compensation 457 Plans Available
- Life Insurance
- KPERS Retirement Program membership includes life insurance equal to 150% of a member's salary
- Additional Life Insurance may be purchased for the employee and spouse through the Optional Group Life Insurance Program.
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan
- Available for health and dental insurance premiums, unreimbursed medical expenses, dependent care expenses, cancer insurance and accident insurance to be paid with pre-tax dollars.
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employees enrolled in the medical portion of the State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) have an opportunity to earn credits by participating in wellness activities offered through HealthQuest. Those who complete a health assessment questionnaire worth 10 credits and earn an additional 20 credits by November 15th, for a total of 30 credits will receive a discount on their health plan.
- Longevity Pay
- Once an employee has reached 5 years of continuous service, that employee will be eligible for longevity pay.
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Wireless Provider Discounts
- Payroll Deduction Options
- Club 1 Fitness
- Anytime Fitness
- United Way
Barton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions about employment with Barton County other than job openings, which are listed on this site, please contact:
Financial / Human Resources Officer
Barton County Administrator's Office
1400 Main, Room 107
Great Bend, KS 67530
Phone: (620) 793-1800
Fax: (620) 793-1807