APPLICATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Derby Public Library. By submitting your application for any position with the Derby Public Library, you understand and agree to the following statements:
- You represent and warrant that the contents of your application are true, to the best of your knowledge and belief; and that falsification, misrepresentation or omission of information could be just cause for dismissal at any time.
- You understand that you may be required to complete relevant employment testing, for the purpose of determining your capability of performing the duties of the position.
The Derby Public Library provides the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Vacation Leave - Employees accrue vacation leave based on their number of years of service.
- Sick Leave - Employees accrue 2 hours of sick leave for every 40 hours worked.
- Holidays - The Library provides 11 paid holidays.
- Medical Insurance – Comprehensive hospitalization and medical insurance coverage, dental and vision coverage, and a prescription plan through a group insurance plan with the City of Derby.
- Retirement - The Library provides Kansas Public Employer’s Retirement System (KPERS) for full time regular employees and part time employees whose position is so designated and scheduled for at least 1000 hours per calendar year.
- Wellness Program - A wellness program complete with annual fitness competitions, health profiles, and flu shots are available to employees.
- Performance Pay Increases - Employees have an opportunity for a merit increase based on annual performance reviews.
- Life Insurance - Life insurance in the amount of 150% of the employee’s annual salary is provided through KPERS.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Various referral and counseling services are available for employees and their families.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Full time employees are eligible to participate in Health Care and Dependent Care reimbursement accounts.
The Derby Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.span>
It is the policy of the Derby Public Library not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Library Staff, Sheila Korphage or Debbie Thomas.
The Library shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability, unless the Library can demonstrate that making the modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity. The Derby Public Library will not place surcharges on individuals with disabilities to cover the costs involved in making programs accessible.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Derby Public Library prohibits the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members.
Drug Free Workplace
The Derby Public Library is committed to a Drug-Free Workplace. The Library has the right to require a drug test at the Library’s expense by a physician of the Library’s choosing if substance abuse is suspected.
At Will Employment
Employment with the Derby Public Library is considered “at-will”. Nothing contained within the City’s applications, advertisement process, or the personnel manual constitute an employment contract.
If you have any questions about employment with the Derby Public Library other than job openings, which are listed through this site, please contact:
Derby Public Library
1600 E. Walnut Grove
Derby, KS 67037