Andover Public Library
Thank you for your interest in employment with Andover Public Library. By submitting your application you agree to the following:
- You certify that your answers are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You authorize the Andover Public Library and/or its representatives to contact all present and former employers (unless exclusion indicated on application) regarding work history. You understand this release gives the library the right, without liability, to investigate your background as it relates to employment.
- If this application leads to employment, you understand that false or misleading information in your application or interview may result in release from employment.
The Andover Public Library provides the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Vacation Leave - Employees accrue vacation based on their number of years of service.
- Sick Leave – Employees accrue 4 hours of sick leave per pay period.
- Holidays – The Library provides 12 paid holidays
- Medical Insurance – Comprehensive hospitalization and medical insurance coverage with a prescription plan, dental and vision through a group insurance plan with the city of Andover at the cost of 15% of single coverage.
- The Andover Public Library provides the following benefits for part-time employees:
- Vacation Leave – Employees accrue vacation based on their number of years of service.
- Sick Leave – Employees accrue 2 hours of sick leave per pay period.
The Andover Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Andover Public Library maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment with the library will be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
The Library shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability, unless the Library can demonstrate that making the modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity. Andover Public Library will not place surcharges on individuals with disabilities to cover the costs involved in making programs accessible. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Library Staff.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
It is the policy of the Andover Public Library that two or more employees who are related to immediate family shall not be employed in the library unless the library board has reviewed and approved the proposed employment of relatives.
Drug Free Workplace
The Andover Public Library is committed to a Drug-Free workplace. The Library has a right to require a drug test at the Library’s expense by a physician of the Library’s choosing if substance abuse if suspected.
At Will Employment
Employment with the Andover Public Library is considered “at-will”. Nothing contained within the Library’s applications, advertisement process, or the personnel manual constitute an employment contract.
If you have any questions about employment with the Andover Public Library other than job openings, which are listed through this site, please contact:
Karyn Schemm or
Andover Public Library
1511 E. Central Ave
Andover, KS 67002