City of Dodge City
P.O. Box 880
806 N. 2nd Ave
Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Dodge City is a pure definition of the West, one of the most historic western cities in the nation… a gateway to history that began with the opening of the Sana Fe Trail by William Becknell in 1821. The name Dodge City is synonymous with some of the most notorious lawmen in western history, and by 1872, Dodge City was home to Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the Masterson brothers. Each year, more than 100,000 guests relive the west by visiting the Boot Hill Museum, the Kansas Cowboy Hall of Fame and historic downtown.
Dodge City is a progressive community of approximately 28,000 population. In 1997, a ‘Why Not Dodge’ sales tax initiative resulted in the construction of a racetrack, Legends Park baseball/softball complex, Soccer Complex, and United Wireless Arena/Magouirk Conference Center. Dodge City is now recognized as the entertainment capital of Southwest Kansas.
Dodge City has so much to choose from – from our famous sunsets to our historical past and progressive future. So what are you waiting for…Get the Heck into Dodge!
APPLICATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Dodge City. By submitting your application for any position with the City of Dodge City, you understand and agree to the following statements:
- I certify that all information provided in this employment application is true and complete. I understand that any false information or omission may disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may result in my dismissal if discovered at a later date.
- I understand that the City of Dodge City may request an investigative consumer report from a consumer reporting agency. This report may include information as to my character, reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living obtained from interviews with neighbors, friends, former employers, schools and others. I understand I have a right to make a written request within a reasonable time for the disclosure of the name and address of the consumer reporting agency so that I may obtain a complete disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation.
- I authorize the investigation of any and all statements contained in this application. I also authorize, whether listed or not, any person, school, current employer, past employers and organizations to provide relevant information and opinions that may be useful in making a hiring decision. I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
- I understand that if I am extended an offer of employment it may be conditional upon my successfully passing a complete pre-employment physical examination. I consent to the release of any or all medical information as may be deemed necessary to judge my capability to do the work for which I am applying.
- I understand that if I am extended an offer of employment, I may be required to successfully pass a drug screening examination. I hereby consent to a pre- and/or post- employment drug screen as a condition of employment.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS APPLICATION OR SUBSEQUENT EMPLOYMENT DOES NOT CREATE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT NOR GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY DEFINATE PERIOD OF TIME. IF EMPLOYED, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE BEEN HIRED AT THE WILL OF THE EMPLOYER AND MY EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
- This application for employment will remain active for sixty (60) days. At the conclusion of this time, if I still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary for me to fill out a new application.
The City of Dodge City provides the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Paid Family / Single Health & Dental Insurance - 3 plan options
- Paid Life Insurance Premiums
- KPERS - This is a defined benefit pension plan, includes disability plan, life insurance plan, and supplemental life insurance policies
- KP&F Tier 2 Retirement Plan (police and fire) - This is a defined benefit pension plan, includes disability plan, life insurance plan, and supplemental life insurance policies
- Deferred Compensation Plan through ICMA or ING
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Illness Income Protection
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential up to 7% of Base Salary based on position
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care and Unreimbursed Medical Expenses
- Health Savings Account
- Payroll deductions available for employee paid memberships to Mariah Hills Municipal Golf Course & Dodge City Family YMCA
The City of Dodge City is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Dodge City is an equal opportunity employer. The City of Dodge City does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA):
The City shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability, unless the City can demonstrate that making the modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity. The City of Dodge City will not place surcharges on individuals with disabilities to cover the costs involved in making programs accessible. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the City’s Assistant City Manager.
Affirmation of Drug and Alcohol Applicant
Post-Offer Testing Policy
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The City of Dodge City is committed to ensure a safe and drug and alcohol free workplace for all City employees and the general public. As a public employer, the City of Dodge City has compelling interest in establishing reasonable conditions of employment.
The intent of the City of Dodge City's Drug and Alcohol Applicant Post-Offer Testing Program is to offer a helping hand to those who need it, while sending a clear message that any illegal drug/alcohol use is contradictory with public service and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
It is the policy of the City of Dodge City that all applicants, who receive a conditional offer of employment, submit to a drug test to document they are drug free. Refusal to comply with this requirement will be considered the equivalent of receiving a confirmed "positive" drug screen result will have the offer of employment withdrawn and will be subject to disqualification from other application for City of Dodge City employment for a period of two (2) years from the effective date of the disqualification action.
AFFIRMATION OF POLICY
As an applicant for a position, I affirm that I have read and understand the City of Dodge City's Drug and Alcohol Applicant Post-Offer Testing Statement of Policy noted above, and I am aware that any offer of employment is conditional upon my taking a drug test and the results thereof. If hired into a position for the City of Dodge City, I agree to abide by all provisions of the City's Drug & Alcohol Policy as a condition of my continued employment with the City.
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
Drug Free Workplace
The City of Dodge City is committed to a Drug-Free Workplace. I understand that the City of Dodge City requires the successful completion of a urinalysis for drug testing purposes as a condition of employment. Completion of an application does not constitute an employment contract or an offer of employment.
At Will Employment
Employment with the City of Dodge City is considered “at-will.” Consideration for employment has not established any obligation for the City of Dodge City to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either the City of Dodge City or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice.
If you have any questions about employment with the City of Dodge City other than job openings, which are listed through this site, please contact:
Human Resource Officer
City of Dodge City
PO Box 880
Dodge City, KS 67801